Real Estate Transactions
A home is one of your major assets. That’s why you hire a legal professional to handle the conveyancing process.
How I can help when you are buying, selling, mortgaging, or refinancing a property.
• BC Notaries specialize in many real estate matters and transactions.
• We provide a seamless transition by navigating among all parties involved, clarifying or creating the required documentation, and ensuring all details are addressed. That helps eliminate stress and confusion for you.
• You will have peace of mind knowing your real estate transaction has been completed correctly, on time, and at a reasonable cost.
I am experienced in the following legal areas.
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transfers, including single-dwelling homes, condominiums, stratas, and mobile homes (manufactured homes)
- Mortgage Refinancing Documentation
- Family Transfers
- Contracts and Agreements
- Easements and Rights of Way
- Restrictive Covenants and Builder’s Liens
- Statutory Building Schemes
What is the process?
At Island Notary, our process is straight forward with the goal of providing you with a reliable and affordable solution.
Here’s what you can expect:
- If you are buying a property, I will need a copy of the purchase contract from your realtor, and if you will be requiring a mortgage, I will need mortgage instructions from your mortgage broker or bank representative.
- If you are selling a property, I will need a copy of the sale contract from your realtor.
- If you are re-financing your property, I will require mortgage instructions from your mortgage broker or bank representative.
- Based on the above documentation, I can start working on the various legal documents and calculations. I will review all documents with you at a meeting which will happen close to the completion date.
- Typically, I prefer to review your contract ten days before the completion date.